Subtitling is a type of audiovisual translation that has its own specifications, rules, and criteria. This type of translation belongs to “subordinate translation”. Subtitling requires multiple steps.
Different stages of subtitling process:
- Remittance of the footage via file transfer protocol.
- We have to fix the in and out times of each subtitle and divide dialogues into different slots of two lines if necessary and to shorten the length. We have to properly check the reading time consistency and make it in adequate time. Translation needs to be done efficiently considering local dialects and phrases.
- Once translated, the titles are proofread by the editor.
- Once received back from the editor, the titles are imported back into the subtitling software, formatting is finalized and the subtitles are exported in the required format.
Subtitle translations are provided for:
- Entertainment videos
- TV programs, etc.
Factors taken into consideration in the subtitling processes are:
Only a few days for subtitling may increase the cost of it. Adequate time, according to the complexity of the task, should be provided for reasonable rates.
The subtitling rates increase if the content volume is very high.
The subtitling rates of an easy-to-understand video are low whereas if the subject contains jargon and technical terms, it may vary.
Sound and visual quality
If the sound of the media is too low and inaudible, then the charges for subtitling increase. As this process requires high attention to detail. Visual quality should also be adequately good for less cost.
The language involved in subtitling plays a major role. Native language subtitling cost less. In the case of translations for Urdu or Arabic, it costs high since the scripts for languages are from right to left which is not available in any subtitling applications.
Subtitling rates for a video in English is $7 per minute. Its range may vary between $3 to $10. We also calculate the prices for subtitling a video in other languages according to minutes per video.
The subtitling rates of the four stages of the process are:
- Transcription and Time-coding for Subtitles: from $4.50 per minute of video (£60 minimum)
- Translation for subtitles: $11 – $9 per minute average, ($120 minimum), varies by language & level of service required.
- Sync Subtitles Translation to video and encode approval video: $5 per minute, ($60 minimum)
+ $15 per additional video file (if more than one video)
- Burn-in / Subtitle document (.sbv, .srt, .stl etc.)
Burn-in to video: $30 per video file
Create Subtitle Document $15 per document, per video.
Here at VerboLabs, we provide the best translation services at reasonable subtitling rates and we assure project delivery on time. You may also click the inquiry form to get more details on the topic. To reach out to us contact at email@example.com