Basically, translation serves the purpose of communication of a source language in terms of the target language. As a part of the industrial revolution and exploration of markets, translation has become an important tool for conducting business worldwide. A human translator serves the purpose of communicating the whole idea in source language without losing its essence. It’s a high-dimensional task as it requires a great knowledge of both the target and source language.
Machine translation breaks the structure of source language down into elements that can be easily translated and prefix a term of the same structure in the target language.
The human translator can easily understand the context of information that needs to be translated and even though it’s a complex task they can move forward with translation by applying many language techniques.
Machine translation technically plays a sufficient role but it cannot fully communicate the idea in the source language. It can only serve as a tool to give a surface knowledge of the text in the source language.
Defects of Machine Translation
- The word for Word translation by Machine translation may cause a terrible result.
- Machine translation may be comprehensible but will not be natural.
- It may give number of grammatical mistakes,
- It will not be well-structured and may not keep the original meaning.
- Some words may possibly have other meanings in the target language depending on the context
- Machine translator cannot have an understanding of the source text.
- Machine translation cannot have a global vision of translation and may not serve its purpose.
FAQ of the Google Translate tool states:
“Even today’s most efficient software cannot master a language as well as a native speaker and have by no means the skill of a professional translator.”
Benefits of Human Translation
- Human Translators are often native speakers
- They are perfectly familiar with all of its specificities, subtleties, expressions, slang, grammar etc.
- They can keep the meaning and the tone of the original text and provide the best and most accurate and appropriate translation.
- Human translators can be expertise in the certain field and they can be well aware of technical terms of those areas.
- Most Translators have translation degrees.
Machine translation has its use for internal purposes within a company. It can serve the purpose of simplifying some tasks of a human translator. But, it can’t translate content that reaches the consumer audience as it is helpless to serve the purpose. If you need the accuracy of content, creative language usage, and reachability of your content to a large audience you need a human translation. We here at VerboLabs have a huge translator community with us to serve you are all business and personal purposes. You can approach us easily through emails. We assure you of a creative, accurate, and purposeful translation. To reach out to us contact at firstname.lastname@example.org